Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
Re-opening information & Frequently Asked Questions
We have been closed since March due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are currently working on reopening safely for both customers and staff.
We are planning on opening on the 4th of July for chauffeured punting tours. We will be offering 2 different options to customers and strongly advise booking in advance.
- PRIVATE TOURS – A private 50 minute tour for up to a maximum of 12 passengers.
- PRIVATE BOAT SECTION – Book for up to 3 or 6 people and join a 50 minute tour. Your group will be in a section of the boat separated from other passengers by a perspex screen. This option is more cost effective for smaller groups.
Bookings can be made online or by calling 01223 651 659. If booking a boat section you will be asked to pre-book a time once your booking is confirmed.
We advise booking in advance as on-the-day availability is likely to be limited. In addition our online rates are cheaper so you can save money too!
Under the current guidance please ensure that all members of the group are the same household or support bubble.
What are we doing?
– Installing perspex screens between the chauffeur and first row of seats and between different groups on the same boat (where necessary) therefore maintaining social distancing on all tours.
– We have temporarily removed our blankets and replaced these with wipe clean coverings. The boat sides and seat cushions will be cleaned between each tour.
– Chauffeurs will have face shields for use whilst loading and unloading boats.
– We have implemented a text messaging system to aid social distancing which will alert you when we are reading for you to make your way to the boarding area.
– Sales and organisational staff will wear face shields and be sanitising payment machines between uses.
We will be reviewing our risk assessments and operating procedure on a daily basis and making amendments where necessary and in line with any change in government advice.
What can you do?
– Book online in advance and follow the instructions on your booking confirmation.
– Clean/sanitise your hands before boarding and after your tour.
– Maintain social distancing on Jesus Green whilst waiting to board.
– Disembark promptly at the end of your tour and move away from the disembarking area.
– Turn your face away from boats passing within 2 metres.
– DO NOT COME PUNTING if you or anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms or you have been asked to self isolate by the governments TRACK AND TRACE program. In this case please contact the office (01223 651659) to rearrange your tour or process a refund.
Face coverings and other PPE are currently not required for our customers but please feel free wear them.
1. What if I already have a booking?
Up to and including 3rd of July: Bookings can be exchanged to another date (subject to availability) or receive a credit note valid (for 12 months from their booking date, extendable under some circumstances) or receive a full refund. We would ask you to consider opting for a credit note or 70% refund as opposed to full refund as this will assist us in paying essential costs over the next few months, these are incredibly hard times for business in tourism and any gestures of kindness and goodwill are hugely appreciated.
Under current government advice we are planning on opening on the 4th of July. Please note this date is subject to change in the event of changing advice from the government. If you have a booking from the 4th of July which adheres to social distancing rules (i.e. group is from one household) we will be able to accommodate the booking. If not you will need to reschedule/receive a credit note or refund.
2. How do I make a booking?
Please head to the private tour page or private section page to make a booking. Private tours should comprise members from one household. As traditional shared tours are not possible whilst social distancing is in place we have restructured our tours and are currently offering either: A private tour (Max 12 people or max 6 people all from the same household) or a private section on a boat. When selecting this option you can book for up to 3 people or up to 6 people. Please note your group must all be from the same household and you will be given a section on the boat which will be separated from other sections with a perspex screen or you will be seated in such a way that you are more than 2 meters from anyone else. If you would like to book on the same date as another household (friends or family) we can accommodate you on the same boat in separate sections as long as both parties are a maximum of 6 passengers.
3. What if I need to cancel?
Whilst our normal cancellation policy applies we are making the following amendment: If you or anyone in your household has Cornona Virus symptoms you can cancel up to 9am on the date of your booking and you can either reschedule or receive a full refund.
4. What happens if you cancel my booking?
There are 2 reasons why we may need to cancel your booking.
- The first is that government advice may change and it may therefore be necessary for us to halt our operations again until such a time as restrictions are eased again.
- The second would be if members of our staff were to contract COVID-19, display the symptoms or be asked to self isolate by the government track and trace programme. This could potentially leave us in a position where we are short staffed and not able to fulfil our bookings.
In both cases you will be offered either the opportunity to reschedule or a full refund.
5. Can I make a booking for the future/next year?
You can currently make a booking from July 4th for a private tour or full section on a shared tour. As we are unsure when social distancing measures will be relaxed we are offering these options for the foreseeable future and will be updating the situation following government advice wherever possible.
Bookings for next season (from April 2021) can be made under the normal booking conditions.
Gift vouchers can be purchased – these make an ideal gift. Valid for one year, we will be happy to extend the gift voucher date if we need to lose for any period.