Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
Information & Frequently Asked Questions
Updated September 10th 2020
OPENING – OUR SERVICES
We are open and are offering 2 different options to customers and strongly advise booking in advance.
- PRIVATE TOURS – A private 50 minute tour for up to a maximum of 12 passengers. As of 14th of September private tours are limited to a maximum of 6 people unless all from one household/bubble.
- PRIVATE BOAT SECTION – Book for up to 3 or 6 people and join a 50 minute tour. Your group will be in a section of the boat separated from other passengers by a perspex screen. This option is more cost effective for smaller groups.
Bookings can be made online or by calling 01223 651 659. If booking a boat section you will be asked to pre-book a time once your booking is confirmed.
We advise booking in advance as on-the-day availability is likely to be limited. In addition, our online rates are cheaper so you can save money too!
Under the current guidance if your group comprises of more than one household/bubble please contact us to confirm that you can be seated within current government guidelines.
What are we doing?
– Installing perspex screens between the chauffeur and first row of seats and between different groups on the same boat (where necessary) therefore maintaining social distancing on all tours.
– We have temporarily removed our blankets and replaced these with wipe clean coverings. The boat sides and seat cushions will be cleaned between each tour.
– Chauffeurs will have face shields for use whilst loading and unloading boats.
– We have implemented a text messaging system to aid social distancing which will alert you when we are reading for you to make your way to the boarding area.
– Sales and organisational staff will wear face shields and be sanitising payment machines between uses.
We will be reviewing our risk assessments and operating procedure on a daily basis and making amendments where necessary and in line with any change in government advice.
What can you do?
– Book online in advance and follow the instructions on your booking confirmation.
– Clean/sanitise your hands before boarding and after your tour.
– Maintain social distancing on Jesus Green whilst waiting to board.
– Disembark promptly at the end of your tour and move away from the disembarking area.
– Turn your face away from boats passing within 2 metres.
– DO NOT COME PUNTING if you or anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms or you have been asked to self isolate by the governments TRACK AND TRACE program. In this case please contact the office (01223 651659) to rearrange your tour or process a refund.
Face coverings and other PPE are currently not required for our customers but please feel free wear them.
1. What if I already have a booking?
Up to and including 3rd of July: Bookings can be exchanged to another date (subject to availability) or receive a credit note valid (for 12 months from their booking date, extendable under some circumstances) or receive a full refund. We would ask you to consider opting for a credit note or 70% refund as opposed to a full refund as this will assist us in paying essential costs over the next few months, these are incredibly hard times for business in tourism and any gestures of kindness and goodwill are hugely appreciated.
We have been open since the 4th of July. Please note this subject to change in the event of changing advice from the government. If you have a booking from the 4th of July which adheres to social distancing rules (i.e. group is from one household or can be seated to comply with social distancing guidelines) we will be able to accommodate the booking. If not you will need to reschedule/receive a credit note or refund.
2. How do I make a booking?
Please head to the private tour page or private section page to make a booking. As traditional shared tours are not possible whilst social distancing is in place we have restructured our tours and are currently offering either: A private tour (Max 6 people or max 12 people if all from one household) or a private section on a boat – now called distanced shared tour.
Private tours can be booked online where members are from one household/bubble. Where you are looking to book for members from multiple households please contact us to confirm the booking can adhere to government guidelines on social distancing. Please ensure you do not book a private tour for 7-12 people unless you are all from the same household (as of September14th 2020).
Distanced shared tours can be booked for up to 3 people or up to 6 people. Please note your group must all be from the same household and you will be given a section on the boat which will be separated from other sections with a perspex screen or you will be seated in such a way that you are more than 1 meters from anyone else. (As per government guidelines, minimum social distance is 1 metre when outside) If you would like to book on the same date as another household (friends or family) we can accommodate you on the same boat in separate sections as long as both parties are a maximum of 6 passengers. It is also possible to book a section for up to 6 people comprising of 2 different households with a maximum of 3 people per household. If you have any questions please do give us a call.
3. What if I need to cancel?
Whilst our normal cancellation policy applies we are making the following amendment: If you or anyone in your household has COVID-19 (Corona Virus) symptoms you can cancel up to 9am on the date of your booking and you can either reschedule or receive a full refund.
We will also reschedule or refund your tickets if you’re subject to a local lockdown and are therefore unable to make your tour or are self isolating due to being contacted by Track and Trace.
4. What happens if you cancel my booking?
There are 3 reasons why we may need to cancel your booking.
- The first is that government advice may change and it may, therefore, be necessary for us to halt our operations again until such time as restrictions are eased again.
- The second would be if members of our staff were to contract COVID-19, display the symptoms or be asked to self isolate by the government track and trace programme. This could potentially leave us in a position where we are short staffed and not able to fulfil our bookings.
- Government guidelines are changed and your booking no longer complies with the regulations – most likely due to group size or number of households.
In all cases you will be offered either the opportunity to reschedule or a full refund.
5. Can I make a booking for the future/next year?
You can currently make a booking from July 4th for a private tour or full section on a shared tour (distanced shared tour). As we are unsure when social distancing measures will be relaxed we are offering these options for the foreseeable future and will be updating the situation following government advice wherever possible.
Bookings for next season (from April 2021) can be made under the normal booking conditions. This is subject to change at any time.
Gift vouchers can be purchased – these make an ideal gift. Valid for one year, we will be happy to extend the gift voucher date if we need to lose for any period.