Priced – Low – Mid £ – £££
If you can throw a stone about 300m, then then Kettle’s Yard Arts complex and Cafe is just a stones throw from the river and our check-in desk. Having opened just last year, we thought it was about time we visited the Garden Kitchen at Kettle’s Yard for lunch and let all of you know what it was like. This little gem is a really good option for the culturally conscious foodie.
Of course the whole experience should be rolled into a visit of the newly constructed gallery spaces and the house (reviewed previously by our top Blogger Zsofi)
Itinerary wise for me it would have to be:
- Early Bird Punting from 10am to 11am to take advantage of our extra special offers (Click here to find out more)
- 11am arrival and view of the art gallery followed by….
- …lunch at the Cafe and then onto to….
- ….spend an hour wandering around the house…
- ….after which I would then take a stroll up Castle Hill onto Castle Mound for a spectacular view of the College rooftops, extending with views to the perimeter of the city centre and beyond.
I defy you not to love these 5 easy steps to Happiness
The cafe itself is light, bright and very tastefully put together, it’s a very relaxing space set over two different levels (not exactly sure on the disabled access here to get to the counter to place an order, but I’m sure that the lovely people running the cafe can deal with this with ease).
The menu was a tiny bit short in terms of savoury lunchtime options, but what was there was fresh, health and tasty ….a great combination (2 more options here guys would be perfection itself!).
We decided on the Warm Salad Plate which was fab, I am sure you’ll agree from the pics …who doesn’t like a balsamic glaze to bring the dish together nicely. Excellent coffee and and a naughty cake to follow and we were very happy indeed, yum!
So remember folks – if you want to get away from the crowds on the Quayside and enjoy a more contemplative lunch option then this one is for you! Enjoy!
(Oh, I forgot to say that you will need to include some Punting at some point too….of course.)